Learning Design services
CILT offers learning design services to support academics in the design and development of online and blended courses for existing and new UCT registered qualifications.
CILT has learning designers available for consultations and once-off workshops looking at:
- Course and curriculum design
- Assessment design
- Course refreshing
- Reviewing currently online practices
Professional staff can also provide support on a fee-for-service basis for:
- Learning design workshops and the process of storyboarding
- Full course or programme development
- Learning materials development
- Assessment design and development
- Course redesign or updating
It is possible to apply for university funding to support the development or refreshing of courses at undergraduate level. Each year a call is made for applications for a small teaching grant to support this work. For more information email Cindy.Gilbert@uct.ac.za
CILT has experience working with various educational offerings from formal credit-bearing courses to short courses and open online courses (or MOOCs), but formal credit bearing courses are prioritised.